API 6D Valves / Double Block and Bleed Valves
Global Valve and Controls trunnion design ball valves incorporate the use of upper and lower supports (GVC trunnion plate system) to retain the ball under pressure. Global Valve and Controls API 6D trunnion ball valves have a secondary sealant injection system for stem seals and seats in the event of providing a temporary seal to an otherwise damaged area. The Global Valve and Controls trunnion ball valve design using the upper and lower trunnion plate system essentially doubles the safety and reliability of a standard trunnion ball valve.
The Global Valve and Controls trunnion plate system feature is standard on all Global Valve and Controls API 6D trunnion ball valves from 4” and up (ANSI 600 through 2500). It permits the valve to be installed in either direction, since the trunnion prevents the ball from shifting -- or worse, blowing out – under high pressure applications.
Another important benefit of the Global Valve and Controls trunnion plate system design is that it allows the ball to only rotate a quarter turn with no hysteresis thus more control and reliability under extreme applications.
Global Valve and Controls standard API 6D trunnion ball valves use materials in accordance with NACE MR0175/ISO15156. In order to ensure compliance customers must provide application specific operating conditions.
Trunnion Ball Valves / Double Block and Bleed Pipeline Valves
- Manufactured in Accordance with API 6D, ASME B16.34 and BS5351 Specifications
- Flange Face to Face to ASME B16.10
- NACE MR01-75 Compliant
- Flange Dimensions to B16.5
- Butt Weld Ends to B16.25
- Fire Tested in Accordance with API 607 Standards
- Blowout Proof Stem Design
- Standard Anti-static Device
- Full and Reduced Port Designs
- Two-piece Cast and Three-piece Forged Design
- Three-piece Forged with Upper and Lower Trunnion Plates
- Double Block and Bleed
- Double Body Sealing and Triple Stem Seal Design
- Body Cavity Pressure Relief System
- Live Loaded Seat Design Aides in Energizing the Seats
- Optional Third-party Testing
- ANSI 150-2500 Trunnion Mounted Design
- Sizes 2” - 36” and ANSI 150-2500
- WCB, A105, 316SS, LCB, LF2 and various other alloys